Encourage your teen to become a savings star and win big!
University Bank teamed up with the American Bankers Association who is sponsoring the Lights, Camera, Save! contest; a unique competition that encourages tech-savvy youth to creatively illustrate the value of saving money with the power of video. Create a video for a chance to win one of ABA’s national contest prizes.
Participation is simple
Teens, ages 13-18, create a video demonstrating the value of saving and using money wisely. Submit the video’s URL along with a completed entry form to University Bank by December 1, 2014. See official rules below. University Bank will select the winner in December, and submit the 1st place winning entry to compete in the American Bankers Association national contest.
- Entry period is October 1, 2014 to December 1, 2014
- Entrants must be between the ages of 13 and 18 by October 1, 2014
- Bank level winners will be announced in December
- Grand-prize winners will be announced by March 2015
- Limit of one video per entrant, and you may only enter at one participating bank
- Video should seek to inspire and education your peers using one or a combination of three contest themes:
the value of (1) saving, (2) saving and using money wisely, (3) saving to pay in for college.
- Video must be in English, no more than 90 seconds in length, and the entrant’s original work
- If your video has other people in it, make sure you have their permission before entering the contest
Contest Student Prizes
1st Place: $5,000
2nd Place: $2,500
3rd Place: $1,000
School Prizes: Top Three
Finalist winners enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school as of December 1, 2014, that school will receive a scholarship to the 2015 Jump$tart Coalition National Educator Conference.
*For Winners who, as of December 1, 2014, were home-schooled, not enrolled in school, or not enrolled in grades K-12, the aforementioned school prize will be a donation made to the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy
Video Concept Ideas…
DESIGN a plan to teach others about saving and using money wisely.
CREATE a recipe for savings success.
GET CREATIVE! Come up with a unique way to demonstrate the value of saving.
Official Rules and Entry PacketsABA’s Lights, Camera, Save! Official Site
View the ABA winners from last year!
Questions about the Lights, Camera, Save! contest? Contact Us TODAY!!